Boost Your Mood and Nourish Your Skin This Winter
8 December 2023
As December arrives with colder temperatures and shorter days, our skin and mood can be impacted. Thankfully, aromatherapy can really help!
- Diffusing citrus oils like lemon, grapefruit, and orange can stimulate serotonin production for a natural mood lift. Just add several drops to your diffuser and inhale the citrusy aromas.
- Massaging frankincense, lavender, chamomile or sandalwood oil onto the skin provides a soothing sensory treat (dilute 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil).
- Heavier oils like ylang ylang and patchouli deeply hydrate dry winter skin when applied after showering (dilute 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil).
- Choose carrier oils such as argan, jojoba and evening primrose to nourish dry skin and soothe itching.
- Use any of these diluted oil blends in a hot bath, for a luxurious and warming winter treat (1-2 tbsp)
- Channel some hygge (the Danish word for cosiness and contentment) by lighting an aromatherapy candle to create a homely ambience.
Try these ideas and let me know how you get on!