Beautiful Evening Primrose Oil for Problem Skin
11 October 2022
We often recommend Evening Primrose oil for healthy skin as it is considered safe and effective for those prone to skin conditions such as psoriasis. Recently we’ve had some really positive feedback about how quickly and effectively the oil has really helped this skin condition.
How to use evening primrose oil for skin issues:
- Apply the oil to dry, clean skin multiple times a day (ideally 3 or 4 times) and give the oil time to soak in before doing anything else.
- A little oil goes a long way, so you don’t need to use loads, but you do need to apply it frequently.
- Once you skin is looking and feeling a better you can reduce down to 1 or 2 times a day, and adjust as necessary.
- If your skin is particularly inflamed and irritated use the oil more frequently and if possible, wear cosmetic gloves to allow the oil to soak in (then take them off).
- add a few drops of tea tree essential oil (2-5%) if there is a skin infection
- When the acute phase has healed, you can add a few drops of lavender or frankincense essential oil to help with skin health (2-5%), which also make the oil smell amazing.
- I recommend that you choose an organic, pure, cold pressed evening primrose oil. Amour Natural’s evening primrose is hand poured in Glastonbury and bottled in dark amber bottles with a pipette cap.
You might also find it helpful to investigate triggers such as allergens, irritants, and stress, as reducing exposure to these may also help reduce the severity of the skin reaction.
Have you tried using evening primrose oil? Did it help you?