Aromatherapy for all the family – safety guidelines
15 July 2023
Aromatherapy for all the family
Aromatherapy is a safe and natural way to promote health and well-being for people of all ages. Aromatherapy can be used to relieve stress, improve sleep, support a healthy immune system, improve skin and hair care, and even help with minor injuries.
However, it’s important to follow some simple guidelines when using essential oils:
- Always dilute before use, usually in a carrier oil.
- Some oils have lower dilution guidelines and specific contraindications, so check the dilution guidelines on each oil you use*
- Some oils are not safe for children or during pregnancy and breastfeeding, so check this before use*
- Half the dilutions for the elderly and vulnerable, and for pregnant women.
- If you have sensitive skin, patch test before use.
- Don’t take internally, unless prescribed by a qualified practitioner.
- Keep essential oils safely out of reach of children and animals.
- If you have a medical condition or our pregnant, consult your care provider before use.
*you can find this information on our website and in the book.